Construction of the new Capitol Hill Child Care Centre which will be situated on the north end of our school property next to the Pandora Street parking lot will begin in the next couple of weeks. You will notice that a construction fence has been put up around the construction site which includes the parking lot off of Pandora Street. This will make parking for parents dropping off children in the morning and picking them up at the end of the day even more of a challenge. Parking is available on Warwick Avenue on the east side of our school property.
At Capitol Hill we believe it is healthy for children to get outside throughout the day for fresh air and exercise. Living on the West Coast we know that our climate contains a consistent amount of rainfall especially as the fall and winter months approach. It makes sense that in our climate we are well prepared to be outside in the rain. We have begun going outside during every recess even if is raining. It is very important for students to dress appropriately in the event of this wet weather. Please talk with your child(ren) to ensure that they have a suitable coat and footwear for rainy days.
Being prepared for the weather
We know that if children are well prepared to be outside in the rain they actually enjoy it. As long as they stay dry and warm there is a great deal of fun to be had in all kinds of weather. To be prepared to be outside in the rain it is important for your child to have:
- A rain coat or water resistant covering
- Rubber boots to keep feet dry (if you are able to provide them with a pair to keep at school that would be perfect)
- “Muddy Buddies” – rain pants they can quickly slip over their clothes (much like they would snow pants)
- An umbrella
- A rain hat or coat with a hood
- A change of clothes just in case. (sweatpants, sock, underwear, t-shirt)
Our school phone number has changed as of May 25th, 2017. Our new phone number is:
Posted October 26, 2018We will be having our Hallowe’en/Month End Assembly on Wednesday, October 31st at 1:30pm in the gymnasium. Everyone is welcome to attend. Students are welcome to wear a Hallowe’en costume […]
Posted October 18, 2018On Monday, October 22 at 6:30pm in the music room, there will be a meeting for all parents who have a child on the triathlon team. Two e-mails regarding […]
Posted October 18, 2018School will be not in session for students on Friday, October 19th for a Professional Day. Students will return back to school on Monday, October 22nd. .
- January 9, 2018 No Comments
- December 15, 2016 No Comments
- December 12, 2016 No Comments
- November 24, 2016 No Comments
- November 18, 2016 No Comments
- November 14, 2016 No Comments
- November 2, 2016 No Comments
- October 28, 2016 No Comments
- October 19, 2016 No Comments
- October 13, 2016 No Comments