From all of us at Capitol Hill, we wish you a safe and relaxing summer!
Tuesday Sept. 4, 2018 – 9-10:00am
- all students (grades 1-7) report to their last year’s classroom for attendance
- new students report to room 111
- Kindergarten families report to the library
- Welcome Back Coffee Social in the gym
Wednesday Sept. 5, 2018 – first full day – 8:50-2:47
Capitol Hill School Supply Lists:
Primary supplylist 2018-2019
Intermediate supply list 2018-2019
MACC Gr. 4 _5 supply list 2018-2019
MACC 6_7 Student Supply List 2018_19
Gr. 6 FRENCH IMM Supply List 2018-19
Gr. 7 FRENCH IMM Supply List 2018-2019
Capitol Hill’s 2nd Annual Westcoast Weather Clothing Swap
Has your child outgrown their rain jacket?
Could you use another pair of boots?
Need a warm coat?
If you have any outdoor clothes, in decent condition, that no longer fit or you can no longer use, bring it to the school and swap it for something ‘new’. Look for another notice in September. Exact dates still to be determined.
At Capitol Hill we believe it is healthy for children to get outside throughout the day for fresh air and exercise. Living on the West Coast we know that our climate contains a consistent amount of rainfall especially as the fall and winter months approach. It makes sense that in our climate we are well prepared to be outside in the rain. We have begun going outside during every recess even if is raining. It is very important for students to dress appropriately in the event of this wet weather. Please talk with your child(ren) to ensure that they have a suitable coat and footwear for rainy days.
Being prepared for the weather
We know that if children are well prepared to be outside in the rain they actually enjoy it. As long as they stay dry and warm there is a great deal of fun to be had in all kinds of weather. To be prepared to be outside in the rain it is important for your child to have:
- A rain coat or water resistant covering
- Rubber boots to keep feet dry (if you are able to provide them with a pair to keep at school that would be perfect)
- “Muddy Buddies” – rain pants they can quickly slip over their clothes (much like they would snow pants)
- An umbrella
- A rain hat or coat with a hood
- A change of clothes just in case. (sweatpants, sock, underwear, t-shirt)
Our school phone number has changed as of May 25th, 2017. Our new phone number is: