We will be taking part in the B.C. Shakeout Earthquake Drill Thursday. Oct. 18th at 10:00am. We will be joining other schools, and institutions throughout our province to practice our Earthquake procedures. This practice will entail all staff and students practicing a “drop and cover” procedure in their classrooms followed by an evacuation of classes to the lower field. We will then return back to class. We will be holding two further Earthquake drill procedures later in the school year.
Our school photographer from Mountain West Studio will be here on Thursday, October 25th to do retakes for individual students If your child was absent on our photo day (September 20th) or if you were not satisfied with your original pose.
At Capitol Hill we believe it is healthy for children to get outside throughout the day for fresh air and exercise. Living on the West Coast we know that our climate contains a consistent amount of rainfall especially as the fall and winter months approach. It makes sense that in our climate we are well prepared to be outside in the rain. We have begun going outside during every recess even if is raining. It is very important for students to dress appropriately in the event of this wet weather. Please talk with your child(ren) to ensure that they have a suitable coat and footwear for rainy days.
Being prepared for the weather
We know that if children are well prepared to be outside in the rain they actually enjoy it. As long as they stay dry and warm there is a great deal of fun to be had in all kinds of weather. To be prepared to be outside in the rain it is important for your child to have:
- A rain coat or water resistant covering
- Rubber boots to keep feet dry (if you are able to provide them with a pair to keep at school that would be perfect)
- “Muddy Buddies” – rain pants they can quickly slip over their clothes (much like they would snow pants)
- An umbrella
- A rain hat or coat with a hood
- A change of clothes just in case. (sweatpants, sock, underwear, t-shirt)
Posted October 9, 2018Our AGM PAC MEETING for this school year is Wednesday October 10th, 6:30-8pm in the school library. Everyone is welcome! Please enter through the back doors up the small flight of […]
Posted September 27, 2018Orange Shirt Day is Sunday, September 30th. Since 2013, each year on September 30th, we wear orange to honour the Residential School survivors. We honour their experiences and the experiences […]
Posted September 27, 2018School will be not in session for students on Friday, September 28thfor a Professional Day. Students will return back to school on Monday, October 1st.
- January 9, 2018 No Comments
- December 15, 2016 No Comments
- December 12, 2016 No Comments
- November 24, 2016 No Comments
- November 18, 2016 No Comments
- November 14, 2016 No Comments
- November 2, 2016 No Comments
- October 28, 2016 No Comments
- October 19, 2016 No Comments
- October 13, 2016 No Comments